Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is connected with stockpiling and/or sharing certain content on a server administered by a hosting company. There are different kinds of hosting services used for different aims, so let's take a gaze at these. Doing so, you can decide what you need, based on whether you desire to create a weblog, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service supplied by particular firms, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage packages are often supported by displaying ads by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a certain stretch of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely improper explanation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would distribute the workload between different groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous website hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a sort of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; given providers provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting variant is appropriate if you wish to share a big amount of pictures with chums or partners since the solution is generally free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to taking care of your emails. Some distributors provide web site hosting solutions for sites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting service. If you desire to have a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you require. You can set up e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a specific amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and a few hundred web page visitors, you may have a problem with your web hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will allow you to operate as many video files as you want without worrying about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to possess a site. To some extent, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and email address accounts, upload videos, etc. At AutomatedWebhost.net, for example, you can take a glance at web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that enable you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one single place. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web space hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for specific web content only.